Friday, December 19, 2008

School Snow Day

Ice sleet, slush, and snow you name it and we are getting hit with it all. As a result all schools in our district are closed for the day. Now I have all these little teacher and student presents to hang onto until they go back to school after these two weeks of winter break. Oh the joys of living in a winter wonder land. It is such a mess outside, the snow is super hard my husband barely got our driveway cleared out with the snow blower it sounded like the thing was about to fall apart, maybe we need to upgrade the poor thing. He had already called in late for work so I decided to boot up and go out there to help him finish up. We ended up switching it up as he broke the snow up into chunks with the shovel and I plowed as he shoveled. That was a morning workout and this is only the beginning of winter so we have much more funner days ahead of us, blah!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

more snow to come and more work to do.That sounds not fun. This snow just add up i think to all our regular chores. I hate winter

Naye said...

shydub winter is so not my favorite season of the year either brrr....

Ronnica said...

Oh, I don't envy you! I live in NC...it's been warm all week (though very, very foggy). I'm not looking forward to going back to the cold for the holidays.

Naye said...

Ronnica thanks for mentioning the warm weather you having :) I'll take some fog anyday, I think!

Naye said...

Ares Ang thanks for the nice compliment of my blog. I will have a look at your forum a little later, thanks much for stopping by.

Unknown said...

I live in florida and i feel so lucky for the weather. I've ben thinking of my people up north a lot lately. ya'll hang in there. Enjoyed a lot of your other atricles too.

Naye said...

Nina thanks, I have to admit that although we do get some bad weather during the winters and you can't help but get used to it after awhile. Some winters are better than others but this is surely the start of a rough one. Hope you enjoying lots of sunshine in Florida.

joytoy said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Yeah, I can't stand the cold weather. that's why i'm here inside the house.LOL! Anyway, you have a nice blog here.

Naye said...

joytoy, Thanks and you stay warm throughout this Winter season.